Cloud Security Architect
Client: Bell Business Services
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Architect will be working within team of various projects, will be responsible
to ensure all technical aspects are answered and addressed.
The accountabilities will be:
• Participate in the planning (conceptual solution review) and early design sessions of new project functionality
• Participate in system requirements specification phase in order to assess the impacts to the service assurance domain, following the implementation/introduction of a given network technology
• Actively participate in the design and the implementation phases (including design reviews, environment setup), quantitative analysis (validation of algorithm/solution)
• Capacity planning and definition of the performance testing plan and oversee the execution of the performance testing
• Develop, implement and review non-functional, performance related requirements and tracking to produce system performance metrics.
• Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (major in Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, minor in AWS and Azure
• Participate on an Agile Delivery infrastructure team, develop next-gen private cloud platforms. PaaS, Container as Service (Docker, Kubernetes, others), Openstack, and VMware vSphere.
• Create automation, employ open source software, interact with API’s, and enable CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
• Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
Successful candidates for the Cloud Architect position should possess broad experience in many of the following areas:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies or Computer Sciences or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience in developing or integrating software solutions, or Cloud computing
• Knowledge of Cloud computing technologies: Openstack, VMWare, Linux Containers, Docker
• Expert level in Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Puppet, Ansible, and Chef.
• Experience in influencing application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to listen, understand, and respond both appropriately and effectively
• Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
• Flexible, ability to work in an environment where “change” is prevalent
• Experience process mapping cross systems flows
• High tolerance to ambiguity
• Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a team setting.
• Enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
• Understanding of cloud application design principles, server, storage and network technologies
• Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
• Fast paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
• Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)