Big Data Architect
FR or ENG is acceptable – English only is fine.
Client prefers a senior Architect with the following skills:
Big data: Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL (Cassandra Mongo or any type of NoSQL DB) Rabbit MQ, Kafkka…
Core language: Java 8
Solution Architect – IoT Solutions
Location: Lachine, QC
MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH: Cloud and Cloud side software, Cassandra databases, and customer facing APIs.
Works on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture areas.
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the EA domain governance model.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience.
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Java expert-level coder
• Large scale IoT-based cloud software solutions
• Best practices in customer-facing APIs and SDKs development
• Device-cloud communication protocols e.g. MQTT
• Distributed NoSQL databases e.g. Cassandra
• Big-data and cluster computing technologies e.g. Spark
• Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Develops, motivates and directs staff to create a team environment.
• Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
• Leads by example in taking ownership of challenges in order to promote the success of the P&L
Proex Inc., An Alten Group Company (30+K Engineers worldwide) is an engineering and IT consulting services firm that supports the development strategy of its customers in the fields of innovation, R&D and technological information systems.