Verification and Validation Engineer
Localisation : Montreal
Sector : R&D – Energy
Roles and responsabilities:
As a verification and validation engineer, you'll be responsible for all aspects of the verification and validation of products and solutions. You'll be responsible for testing design, planning, automating and executing tests to deliver a product of the highest quality.
Working closely with the software designers, software architects, hardware designer, verification & validation specialists and technical writers, the duties will consist but not limited to the following:
• Interact with product owner, development teams and stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the product and testing objectives.
• Participate in design review and ensure design requirements are testable.
• Define test specifications covering low to complex system or integration functionalities.
• Develop and document test plans, execute tests and generate reports.
• Define and set up the test and validation environment including scripts development and potentially contacting vendors, asking for samples and quotation.
• Develop and run automated tests covering functionality and diagnostic requirements.
• Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner.
• Debug test failures and analyze root causes.
• Train individuals involved in verification and validation activities as needed.
Education requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role.
• Solid experience in test automation and continuous integration.
• Solid experience in functional and performance testing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills (English and/or French).
• Excellent understanding of verification methodology and software development life cycle.
• Excellent knowledge of protocols (TCP, IP, Zigbee, BACnet, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SSH, etc.)
• Excellent knowledge of Restful web services.
• Experience in building test benches.
• Experience with Jenkins, Grafana, TestRail, Atlassian Jira, Stash, Bamboo or similar tools.
• Experience in test embedded functionality.
• Experience in different hypervisors (KVM, VMware, VirtualBox, etc.)
• Experience with Linux, Windows and Apple.
• Systems Engineering (ability to setup simple Mechanical assemblies),
• Agile testing knowledge.