Advisor, IT Procurement #0084877
With over 35,000 consultants located worldwide, ALTEN Canada is a leader in the engineering and IT consulting industry. We have helped optimize corporate technological performance for almost 30 years.
A robust international network combined with a deep understanding of local markets and client needs means that ALTEN Canada can provide you with an exceptional selection of qualified consultants. Our business development team offers you committed service backed by a group of experienced recruiters specialized in engineering and IT.
The women and men who make up the ALTEN Group are the driving force behind our activities. We provide each candidate with highly-personalized service, selecting the best opportunities to meet their professional aspirations. We highlight your know-how in order to place you in exciting projects that match your career ambitions.
The Advisor, IT Procurement, is responsible for leading the IT procurement processes to acquire goods and services related to technological information systems. As such, with his or her understanding of the needs of the business unit, the incumbent selects vendors, and negotiates and drafts vendor contracts and external service-level agreements. He or she interacts with internal stakeholders from various management levels and business units to ensure that all technical, legal, financial, security and regulatory requirements are met and reflected in the negotiated agreements. He or she is company’s main point of contact with external vendors for the procurement process he or she leads.
- Provide advice to internal clients on the best procurement approach for specific acquisitions in compliance with approved guidelines and policies
- Lead the procurement processes under his or her responsibility and act as the main point of contact for internal clients and suppliers
- Prepare documentation relevant to the procurement process in accordance with the nature of the products and services required (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc., including descriptions of services, instructions to participants and price matrices)
- Identify potential suppliers and evaluation criteria
- Lead evaluation committees to analyze and compare proposals
- Negotiate so as to obtain the best performance at the best price all while ensuring the quality and consistency of products and services
- Prepare recommendations for grants
- Negotiate and draft contracts with the support of technical, legal, tax, security and any other services required, based on the nature of the services
- Ensure that full documentation of contract terms, vendor performance, and so on, is made available and is updated regularly
- Keep abreast of contracting and public procurement trends, as well as the Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Shared Services Canada (SSC) standing offers, and align the right contract structure and procurement method leveraging public agreements when possible to meet internal partners’ needs and expectations; benchmark with market and industry data
- Provide support or backup to other team members when required
- Perform any other task related to his or her position
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND /EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years’ of pertinent experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent knowledge of the IT world: software (licensing), hardware, Cloud Solutions (SaaS, IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, etc.), Telecom, business solutions, etc.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with the ability to influence decisions
- Ability to work independently using initiative and good judgment to assess priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to share information with peers and transfer knowledge
- Ability to work in a dynamic, productive team environment
- Demonstrated interest in information technology support
- Knowledge in using Internet sources and database systems for research to meet management’s requests
- Excellent computer skills – Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills in both official languages
Alten Canada offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We offer our team stimulating experiences and investment in their professional development.
- Among our advantages:
- Competitive package for our employees and freelancers;
- Professional Development Assistance (certification);
- International mobility on all subsidiaries of the Alten Group
- Various corporate activities;
Please note that all applications will be evaluated, and we will only contact the selected candidates for this job offer.
Postule pour ce poste