Technical Writer III
Technical Writer – Renewable Energy Solutions
The Technical Writer works closely with developers, product managers, and project managers to create and revise customer documentation for new and existing power distribution products
• As an individual contributor, the Technical writer is responsible for the documentation of assigned hardware and software solutions and products.
• As a part of the Technical Documentation team, the Technical Writer contributes to continuing improvement of the documentation tool set and the documentation development process.
• The Technical Writer is expected to independently manage multiple projects, monitoring progress and quality, and ensure schedule requirements are met, prioritizing as needed.
Required education and experience:
• A university degree or diploma, preferably in an engineering or technology related discipline
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical Writer, preferably in a hardware/software solutions development environment
• Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills, with the ability to work quickly under a deadline
• Experience in topic-based writing
• Familiarity with DITA/XML, CorelDraw, Madcap and Visio is an asset
• Strong Word skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with remote teams in different time zones
• Knowledge of product life cycle management processes and systems
• Strong experience with FrameMaker, both structured and unstructured
• Experience with a CMS system (Author-It preferred), using XSL, and formatting multiple output types in a single-source environment