Software test engineer – Automation
Permanent contact/ North york, ON
The Software Engineer and Test (SET) will work within the Integration Test and Verification (ITV) department to deliver the automated verification suite.
The SET will work with CBTC technical experts and architects to ensure that the needs are properly captured and translated to a fully robust and automated solution.
• Collaborating with cross engineering stakeholders to ensure completeness of automation activities
• Participating in test automation planning, implementing and actively maintaining CI testing pipelines
• Setting up the infrastructure to run tests
• Develop and execute test scenario within the automation framework, monitor results and minimize rework/maintenance of the tests
• Work closely with the team to ensure automated tests are robust and complete rapidly, thus improving deploy times and deployment frequency
• Perform exploratory testing to discover unpredictable issues not exposed by automated testing
• Provides feedback on test automation frameworks for continues improvement
• Teaching others good quality and testing practices.
• Strong knowledge of automation testing best practices
• Proficient in at least one automation tool (e.g AutoIT, Selenium,) and one OOP language (Python, Java, C++, .net)
• Experience in Developing Test Automation Framework, including infrastructure and deployment
• Experience in CBTC and industry standards (CENELEC, IEEE, AREMA) is preferred
• Test Automation Tools, SDLC, STLC
• Good knowledge of CI/CD, preferably in cloud-based architecture (e.g AWS, Azure)
• Batch, JAVA, Ruby, Perl, Powershell
• Leadership skills
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related SW discipline
- Certifications: ISTQB (Foundation or Advanced), CAST, CSTA