Sensor Development Engineer
Created 30 years ago and based in more than 25 countries, ALTEN has established itself as a world leader in Engineering and Technology Consulting with 34000 employees in the world.
Position: Senor development engineer
An experienced sensor engineer to lead/support multiple sensor development projects
- Lead and manage all aspects of the sensor design and development activities including technical, scope and schedule
- Work with cross functional teams to perform trade studies, develop detailed requirements & specifications, and design and qualify sensor products for Aerospace applications
- Overall technical coordination within the engineering functions supporting sensor development ensuring all customer requirements are met
- Accountable for product design quality including reviewing and approving design documents and reports
- Provide technical leadership in customer design reviews, technical co-ordination meetings and in-house reviews with support from appropriate functional groups as required
- Establish and maintain detailed technical plans and schedules; provide regular status to project engineering and management.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects/activities
- Work with cross functional teams in performing trade studies, develop detailed requirements, and design and qualify sensor products
- BEng /BSc in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Candidate with prior experience in designing and developing Air/Liquid Temperature sensors, Flow Sensors and/or Pressure Sensors is preferred.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis, Fluid Mechanics and/or CFD Flow Simulations is an asset.
- RTCA DO-160 and/or MIL-STD-810 knowledge is an asset.
- Experience in mechanical design and packaging for high temperature, high pressure environments.
- CGP CLEARANCE REQUIRED