Permit Coordinator – HSE
We are hiring!
Eliminate the potential for incidents arising from work activities and to protect personnel, plant and the environment during commissioning, qualification and validation activities for Building 100 (B100).
Permit Coordination (100%)
· Issue and maintain the Permit to Work (PTW) project specific procedure.
· Assures compliance with PTW process for the project.
· Deliver training on the PTW process.
· Control and maintain the mechanical and electrical lockout tagout (LOTO) isolation registers in conjunction with the relevant Commissioning System Owner (CSO).
· Control of locks, including the key cabinet.
· Coordinate electrical isolations with the electrical lockout supervisor.
· Coordinate work between Commissioning System Owners to ensure safe work practices are adhered to.
· Issue specific permits where required:
o Confined space permit
o Working at heights permit
o Hot work permit
o Fire systems impairment permit
o Line breaking permit
o Live electrical work permit
o Trenching/excavation permit
o Handling or introduction of chemicals permit
· In conjunction with the relevant Commissioning System Owner, ensure permits are closed at the end of each day.
· Support CSO with development of task risk assessments.
· Approve task risk assessments.
· Maintain log of task risk assessments required to support permit application.
· Attend and assist facilitating daily commissioning co-coordination meeting.
· Maintain permit board along with Commissioning Permit Log.
· Where necessary, withdraw permits if risk to personnel, plant or environment exists
Scope and dimensions
Breadth of responsibility (global/regional/country/site):
· Toronto site – Building 100
Key dimensions: headcount (direct and indirect) budget, doses, Capex… – Key indicators on which the job holder will be evaluated (WHAT in 9box):
· Functioning PTW process that is controlling risks, coactivity, etc.
Freedom to act, level of autonomy:
· Works directly with General Contractor’s permit coordinator
· Works directly with Commissioning Systems Owners
· Works with Health, Safety and Environment Team for B100
Education and experience
Specific degree, duration of experience (Required to hold the job):
· 3-5 years health and safety permit coordination experience
· Construction safety experience is an asset
Competencies (LEAD model) – key competencies the job holder will be evaluated on (HOW in 9box):
· Respect, courage, teamwork, integrity
Key technical competencies and soft skills:
· Strong organziational skills
· Strong time management skills
· Knowledge of workplace hazards and hierarchy of controls;
· Knowledge of mechanical systems (HVAC systems, power generation, utilities)
· Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings;
· Ability to work transversally across functions;
· Ability to have bias for action;
· Ability to make risk based decisions;
· Ability to influence;
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation);
· Data management including spreadsheets, databases is an asset;