Bruce County , Ontario
Mechanical Project Engineer (Bruce Power)
Location : Bruce County.
Duration : at least 12 month
5 years+ experience in the energy sector with involvement in piping systems
Completion of a 4 year University degree in Engineering.
Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario is an assert
Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance.
Previous nuclear or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset.
Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
*Provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution and commissioning of
• Responsible for delivering the overall technical scope of the project as identified in scope of work document.
• Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements (ex. Pressure Boundary) and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures
such as; Work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports.
• Interface with internal contacts within PMC programs and site engineering, operations, maintenance departments etc. and support communications with external regulatory agencies, contract service
providers, manufacturers, etc. in alignment with approved designs and supply chain processes
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• Requires knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering and economics to technically understand the operation of the facility.
• Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions,asset management documents, and planning documents. Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports. Must be able to propose recommendations
and resolution to technical issues both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interface effectively with Plant Operations, Plant Engineering, Maintenance, other technical staff, Regulators and other stakeholders. Ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect and cooperative working relationships.
• Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design,commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials,and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design,
commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility and at all times to work safely.
• Skills, knowledge, education, and experience per the above qualifications.
• Completion of Behavioural and Critical Thinking assessments.
• Technical and Competency based interview.
• Past performance record and suitability for the position