North York, Ontario
LEARNING SPECIALIST (Project Specialist II)
North York, ON
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing / Compliance Training for Industrial Affairs
The Learning Specialist partners with the business to support technical and compliance training for Industrial Affairs.
The Learning Specialist is responsible for the design, development and delivery of technical training and management of on-the-job training programs and projects.
• Partner and collaborate with the business to provide technical training guidance. Ensure customer relationships (e.g. with Management and all functional units) are established and reinforced.
•Develop, implement and maintain on-the-job training plans and individual training plans in accordance with employee/department responsibilities and job descriptions. This training is developed in partnership with SMEs from each area to meet training needs and regulatory compliance.
• Design and develop GMP and technical training programs to promote quality culture and regulatory compliance.
• Conduct needs assessment to determine appropriate learning and development solutions and delivery methods.
• Facilitate technical training programs, including new hire orientation and trainer the trainer.
• Maintain current with technical abilities, including industry-manufacturing processes, GMP requirements and quality, as well as equipment and techniques used to aid and deliver training.
• Work within the policies, procedures and regulations as required by the company and under the Health and Safety Act in all accountabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum two (2) years of experience in adult training including design, development and facilitation.
• Experience in managing training design and delivery, preferably within manufacturing or pharmaceutical industry.
• Technically proficient with software system applications (Learning Management System).
• Proficiency to manage multiple and competing priorities with strong project management skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to respond quickly and effectively within a changing environment
• Detail oriented with strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Certified Training & Development Designation (CTP, CTDP) or Certification in Adult Learning an asset.