HSE Coordinator / Health and Safety Coordinator
Sterile Pharmaceutical Manufacturing production site – site decomissioning project
Production Facility decommissioning project (B53 project)
B53 decommissioning – Start beginning of January/ February
HSE Coordinator for B53 site
Support the Site’s Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) program in applying HSE by design principles.
Act as project HSE coordinator for the Building 53 (B53) decommissioing project and enforce HSE project requirements to identify and mitigate HSE related risks at relavant phases of projects.
Work in partnership with project team and general contractor to apply HSE principles.
Key accountabilities Equipment/System HSE Reviews (60%)
- Lead the B53 Decommissioning project in ensuring safe decommissioning of equipment and facilities.
- Participates in reviews on equipment prior to decommissioning.
Review and assist in establishing decommissioning strategies and protocols for areas following corporate standard and location regulations which may include potential impact to designated substances as per Ontario Regulations.
- Establish a system to develop a list of deficiencies/punch list items related to HSE.
- Signs off equipment/systems once actions are verified complete.
- Monitor and track upcoming reviews to be completed, in-progress and fully completed. Construction Audits and Tracking (20%
Conduct periodic audits of the general contractor’s safety program.
- Conduct weekly joint walkthroughs of the construction site and provide feedback.
Other Duties as Assigned (20%)
- Ensure regulatory requirements (eg. Canadian Biosafety Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Industrial Regulations, Construction Projects, etc.) for the strategy and execution are met.
- Acts in a timely fashion to address and/or escalates significant high risk items that require immediate attention.
- Assist design team in applying safe and sustainable HSE solutions for identified risks
- Conduct and develop HSE training and procedures as required.