Financial Analyst III
Position Tittle: Financial Analyst III
Full time, Markham
Looking for an individual that has demonstrated success in taking on larger and more complex assignments, has shown the ability to pivot and has a strong technical financial acumen. The role will have some lower complexity responsibilities but will scale up for an individual that can demonstrate early successes and can include financial projects within our Supply Chain and Commercial processes.
A Finance Analyst III is responsible for collecting & analyzing financial data and making recommendations to Finance and operating leaders. In the assignment working for the Grid Automation Protection and Control division in Markham, the analyst will support a $300MM global business that is excelling in the electrification of the Power Grid globally. The position reports to the Site Finance manager and is part of a Five person team responsible for financial execution of the Markham Supply Chain Production and Commercial teams. The individual will provide day to day guidance to an offsite billing resource so there is an opportunity to sharpen your leadership skills.
Key responsibilities and/or essential functions include:
• Partner with leadership to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization. Contributes to developing estimates, operating plans forecasts reviews for cash and billing.
• Drive cash growth by providing analysis of results and identifying & tracking key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions.
• Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information.
• Actively participate with Operations Management to improve productivity and reduce billing defects to improve the overall cost of quality associated with order to record processes.
• Develop and improve financial processes Finance reporting tools, Management reporting tools, budgeting and estimating processes related to the order to cash receipt cycle.
• Assist with management reporting (regional and segment P&Ls) and communicate results to financial leadership with respect to accounts receivable and past dues.
• Act as liaison between the operating unit and shared service collection teams to resolve customer billing disputes.
• Perform validation checks on invoices.
• Cross checking information printed on the invoice to Enterprise resource systems.
• Resolving disputes with customers.
• Will work with cross-functional teams – including Collections group, inside sales, customers, customer service organization and billing group to resolve billing matters.
• Provide day to day direction to the offsite billing resource for cash initiated sales (credit card, cash deposits).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of two years of financial work experience in finance including commercial transactions and ideally trade receivable and billing related experience.
2. Experience in generating or reviewing billing.
3. Collection experience, although not essential is beneficial.
4. Demonstrated experience in managing and analyzing large amounts of data and customer billing data.
5. As this is a high paced, high volume environment, demonstrated experience in prioritizing work activity.
6. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool, prefer Oracle experience.
7. Strong technical skills in Excel.