Enterprise Telephony Administrator
Enterprise Telephony Administrator
Location : Montreal with 25% travel to Trois-Rivieres
Role: Support our client’s Enterprise voice platform and users, specifically all employees across all divisions.
Internal voice users include hundreds of home and office based Call Center Agents, Collections team, NOC/CGR, and outsourcers. Supports end user telephony for our Corporate Head office in Montreal, our Trois-Riviere office, and 20 branch offices across Quebec.
- Prevent and resolve service incidents and outages in a timely fashion
- Provide input and suggestions to improve operations of network infrastructure carrying voice
- Act as the NOC/SOC’s main point of contact for tech support of VoIP services advanced support
- Organize and produce weekly and monthly reporting and perform trend analysis to assist in the support of Voice Services.
- Communicate with Call Center staff as required
- Updates trouble tickets and performs escalations as required by the NOC/SOC procedures.
- Provides input to and is a primary contributor to post mortem activities related to outages
- Cross train members of NOC/SOC and Tech Support team to develop back up support as required to make sure knowledge is transferred.
- Will provide on-call escalation support and problem resolution before Engineering or the vendor is involved.
- Interact with the Network Engineering group (IP/Transport) for continuous maintenance and monitoring of the VoIP infrastructure as necessary
- Communicate with and be part of the Network Operations team and assist as required with Engineering for Network and VoIP service evolution and associated tools.
- Project team member to receive new Technology and product introductions from Engineering/ Technology Development/ Product Development by determining the operational needs, designing and documenting associated operational processes.
- As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- University degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 8-10 years strong demonstrated experience in Enterprise Voice installation, operations and maintenance
- Experience with Packet Cable and SIP VOIP technologies, Cisco MGX, SBC’s
- Experience with Metaswitch Carrier VOIP network solution beneficial
- Experience with trunk turn-up and test procedures in TDM, VOIP environment
- Experience with TDM design, trunk configuration, and Digital Cross Connects
- Experience with interaction with Telco carrier providers
- Familiarity with traditional Class 5 phone switches and SS7 signaling network
- Experience with IP and Gigabit Ethernet Transport Networking
- Experience with signaling protocols on PSTN and VoIP environments – SIP and MGCP
- Experience in an enterprise voice support role and extremely customer focused
- Expertise in Avaya Blue platform including SMGR, ASM, CS1K, AACC, Media Gateways, CP, CBR
- Avaya Site Administrator, Avaya CMS, Avaya Conference.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingual, French and English
- Perform backup and restore, administration of voice platforms
- Cisco Voice family: CUCM, CUC, IM&P, CER, ExpressWay & Jabber
- Cisco voice & network certifications will be an asset
- TDM, Carrier VOIP Telco background with Switch operation knowledge strongly desired
- Experience with Upstream, Noble, Envision Call recording beneficial
- Cisco BTS, Nortel DMS, CS2K, or Lucent 5ess, knowledge would be a definite asset
- SS7, ISUP, E911 knowledge would be a definite asset
- Translations and call routing knowledge would be a definite asset
- Operational knowledge of broadband technologies (High Speed Data, VoIP)
- Linux scripting experience
- Google Apps experience
- Detail oriented with demonstrated technical documentation skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships with others
- Experienced in effectively coordinating and executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs required
- On call support and off hours/night maintenance required
- 25% travel is required to Trois-Rivieres