Toronto - REMOTE DURING COVID,
Embedded C Software Engineers
Embedded C Software Engineers – Safety-Critical Software
Safety-critical Systems – Multi-platform heterogeneous systems
Toronto, ON – (Will work mostly remote during Covid)
Strong Embedded C Software development skills
Must have Linux and RTOS
Experience writing Software Requirements Specifications, (experience using DOORS for Requirements Management will be a strong asset).
Experience developing software in Safety-Critical Systems environments, i.e. Transportation, Rail, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Device, etc.
• The successful candidate should possess an Electrical or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years of working experience in software development in C LINUX and RTOS is a must
• Experience working in the full SDLC
• Experience writing Software Requirements Specifications.
• Experience working in embedded systems where the safety of a system is a key component of the design (i.e. Rail, Aerospace, Defense, Automotive systems – i.e where the systems design is safety) is a strong asset.
• Excellent analytical skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs & correlate events to failures
• Strong technical writing & communication skills
• Excellent team collaboration skills, writing & verbal skills
Strongly Desirable Skills:
• experience with DOORS will be a strong asset.
• experience working on Code Refactoring projects, i.e. reviewing embedded C code, analyzing and writing software specifications for code re-write projects will be a strong asset.
• Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods & tools
• Experience with large mission-critical & multi-platform heterogeneous systems an asset
Additional assets may include:
• Familiar with agile work environments, test-driven development, & continuous integration
• Command of the scripting languages, preferably Python
• Experience with black box and white box testing and continuous integration frameworks
• Familiar with source control tools (git, Clearcase, etc