Perm, or Contract to Perm
-Python, appropriate algorithm, descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, data mining
IoT, Cloud, Big Data, Connected Devices with embedded software, Wireless, Mobile
Our client develops Intelligent "Smart Building" solutions for their clients.
BAS (Building Automation systems) knowledge, is of strong interest, if not essential – i.e. Automated HVAC, lighting, security, i.e. key product areas in their BAS/ BMS solutions) – Energy Management Systems specifically an asset.
The Data Scientist will be a key member of the clients team and will push forward their solutions to the leading edge in their industry.
Join a growing Data Science and Advanced Analytics team. The team is using latest cutting edge tools and technologies to develop analytics and solutions for Building Automation creating “Intelligent, energy efficient environments and smart buildings.
About our client:
Our client operates like a digital startup company, founded within the walls of a global firm with a long and successful history.
Our client specializes in Building Automation Solutions and Intelligent Building Management Systems. Our client is develops products and solutions that transform their clients’ environments into intelligent and energy efficient environments. With their use of leading edge IoT (Intenet of Things) technology, Big Data, Cloud, Embedded software, and Wireless communications technology, our client is developing powerful software and systems that are transforming their clients commercial buildings, retail stores, industrial facilities, cities into highly-automated, energy efficient, productive and intelligent environments.
• Effectively utilize statistical, data mining, and machine learning techniques, and computer science skills in delivering advanced analytics and decision support systems.
• Collaborates with various departments to identify opportunities for process improvement and developing analytics use-cases.
• Provide guidance, support and mentoring to junior team members.
• Evaluate accuracy and quality of new data sources.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms.
• Design and develop production ready code.
• Communicate results and implications to colleagues and business partners.
• Coordinate with application development teams to integrate developed models with existing applications.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: Intermediate to Senior
Preferred Level: 7+ years of relevant experience (e.g. analysist, statistician, data scientist, team lead) or proven qualifications
Senior degree preferred in following fields:
Preferred Majors: Computer and Information Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Statistics, Engineering – Operations Research, Engineering – Systems Engineering, Mathematical Sciences – Applied Mathematics, Physics
1. 7+ years’ experience in Analytics / Data Science
2. Demonstrated skill with statistical tools, including R / SAS / Python, etc
3. Demonstrated skill with big data technologies to handle / transform data.
4. Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (statistical tests, regressions, clustering, decision trees, artificial neural network, NLP etc..) and experience in their application
5. Hands-on experience in developing Machine Learning algorithms for Predictive & Prescriptive analytics
6. Working experience with visualization tools including Spotfire / Tableau / Qlikview
7. Excellent English oral and written communications skills
1. Experience of leading analytics teams.
1. Building Automation / Building Management Solutions industry .
2. Experience / knowledge of working with complex and often ambiguous data (& data architecture).
3. Ability to influence and make recommendations at all levels of the company.
4. Excellent project management skills – able to lead and manage complex matrix teams.
5. Successful experience working in a dynamic and horizontal team environment.
6. High energy, works proactively and demonstrates flexibility in approach to changing work priorities.
7. Team oriented – ability work well with diverse, cross-functional & often remote teams.
8. Well versed with digital analytics and understanding digital & web data.