Business Development Manager
ALTEN PROEX (Outsourced R&D, Engineering, IT, Life Sciences)
Develop in your recruitment career by working for a world leader in Engineering and Technology Consulting that is rapidly growing in the Toronto / Ontario region.
Within 30 years, ALTEN has become leader in both outsourced Engineering and R&D and IT & Network Services with 38,000 engineers in more than 25 countries.
Our engineers carry out complex and highly technical projects throughout the value chain of the most prestigious companies in all sectors of industry and services including IT Automation, Information Systems, Automotive, Rail and Transportation, Life Sciences, Telecommunications, Aerospace and Defence, and more.
Following consistent double-digit growth in the North American region, we are now looking at reinforcing our Canadian team by recruiting an ambitious Technical Recruiter, based in our Toronto office.
The Business Manager will be responsible for leading all new business development activities via direct sales, and strategic alliances.
Key Responsibilities include:
Leading business development activities throughout the sales cycle with new and existing strategic partnerships. Winning new business and developing strong relationships with key contacts within prospect organizations.
Building and nurturing relationships with new clients, working closely with key individuals at multiple levels and functional areas within each clients’ organization
Core qualifications and skills:
• Post-secondary education
• Minimum of 5 years of business development experience
• A proven track record of success in business-to-business sales environment
• Deep industry knowledge, ideally in the IT/Engineering arena
• Elevated level of motivational skills,
• The ability to work effectively within a matrixed and performance-based organization
• Innovative and entrepreneurial approach with a growth mentality and a strong will to win
• Strong presentation skills, proven consultative sales skills and the ability to manage the sales cycle effectively and autonomously from end-to-end
• Strong overall business acumen, influencing, negotiation and thought leadership skills
• Executive presence and a high degree of professionalism
• Organizational savvy, professional maturity and solid strategic thinking
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, client-driven environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)