Building Automation Control Systems Specialist
BMS – Building Management System / Automation Engineer
The Building Automation Control Systems Specialist is responsible for performing and overseeing in-house technical duties on building automation systems. The position is responsible for programming and maintaining programs for building automation systems. In addition to system programming the position will also assist with Technical Services Support and/or working independently under the direction of the Technical Services Team Leader in performing remote system checkouts and maintaining proper and current system documentation.
- Experience with “Siemens Insight” and “Siemens Desigo” based products is preferred.
- Work closely with our BMS Contractor & subcontractors and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements.
- Perform and oversee software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation.
- The ability to interpret control drawings and P& ID’s
- Maintain on?going project as?built documentation.
- 2 ? 4 year technical degree and/or industry related technical field experience including HVAC Systems, DDC Systems, software and device calibration.
- Knowledgeable in PLC applications and Automation.
- Ability to visit job construction hard hat areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipework and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to exposed line voltage and low voltage wiring and terminations.
- Possess strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in the use of E-Mail, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other directly related software.