With over 35,000 consultants located worldwide, ALTEN Canada is a leader in the engineering and IT consulting industry. We have helped optimize corporate technological performance for almost 30 years.
A robust international network combined with a deep understanding of local markets and client needs means that ALTEN Canada can provide you with an exceptional selection of qualified consultants. Our business development team offers you committed service backed by a group of experienced recruiters specialized in engineering and IT.
The women and men who make up the ALTEN Group are the driving force behind our activities. We provide each candidate with highly-personalized service, selecting the best opportunities to meet their professional aspirations. We highlight your know-how in order to place you in exciting projects that match your career ambitions.
Localisation : Mirabel
- To establish and manage the project controls functions, systems and procedures to assure the definition of schedules and budgets and analyse trends and forecasts for effective project management.
Project controls services for the project will include:
- Planning and scheduling
- Estimating and cost accounting
- Cost control
- Project systems
- Project administration
- Document control
- Initiate and supervise preparation and regular updating of project master schedule.
- Initiate and supervise preparation and regular updating of detailed schedules by package relating to engineering, procurement, construction and Pre-Commissioning activities; develop facility/package interface table.
- Expedite the monthly reports from managers from Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Mechanical completion and prepare the monthly Project Progress Report.
- Initiate and supervise implementation and updating of Engineering Progress and Performance Reporting (EPPR). Establish proper interface with Engineering Manager.
- Initiate and monitor weekly schedule status reviews analysis of schedule trends and formulation of recommended corrective action.
- Initiate and functionally supervise field office planning including construction progress measurement and review, manpower and major quantity curves, contractor schedule reviews and interfaces planning.
- Provide all required schedule information (milestones, interfaces, and duration) for all contract packages, to ensure proper evaluation of quotations, comparison to target schedule and progress reporting.
- Monitor and supervise preparation and maintain the log of the scope changes (PCN) with the impact on schedule.
- Initiate and supervise development and implementation of the project cost coding structure to meet estimating, cost control, engineering, document control and other project reporting requirements.
- Initiate and supervise preparation project control budget (by WBS and work packages).
- Supervise the preparation of tender check estimates for selected packages.
- Initiate and supervise confirmation of budget/scope of work for all Requests for Tender issued by engineering.
- Initiate and supervise preparation of periodic cost re-forecasts after completion of definitive estimate.
- Initiate and supervise maintenance of current budget allocation at detailed estimate level and at re-cast summary level.
- Provide, as requested by the Project Manager, special cost studies and estimates for control budget change requests and supplier claims; to support field estimating in analysis of contractor claims.
- Supervise preparation of the budget breakdown by package for all packages to ensure proper evaluation of quotations, comparison to budget and progress and cost reporting.
- Initiate and participate in review of in-progress design to cost (budget/scope verification) at interdiscipline coordination, identify variance and recommend corrective actions.
- Initiate and supervise cost trending program including analysis of contract scope changes (variation), non-scope changes and growth on capital cost commitments; interface to field contract register. Ensure that a total Project Cost Forecast is continuously updated and compared to budget.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are issued monthly to the client.
- Ensure that actual costs are accumulated.
- Ensure that generally accepted accounting principles are applied to the project; supervise the performance of invoice processing; recording all actual project costs; financial reporting; interface with cost control.
- Monitor, supervise preparation and maintain the log of the scope changes (PCN) with impact on project budget
- Ensure that proper data security and data archival procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Ensure that Document Control requirements are fulfilled adequately to provide timely recording and flow of documents.
Alten Canada offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We offer our team stimulating experiences and investment in their professional development.Apply for this job
Among our advantages:
- Competitive package for our employees and freelancers;
- Professional Development Assistance (certification);
- International mobility on all subsidiaries of the Alten Group
- Various corporate activities;
Please note that all applications will be evaluated, and we will only contact the selected candidates for this job offer.Apply for this job