Alten is a world leader in the IT engineering and consulting industry with more than 38,000 consultants worldwide, ALTEN Group has been optimizing the technological performance of companies for over 30 years. We are looking for a Java Developer.
The team and role is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to grow, learn and develop. The role requires someone who is flexible and able to respond to a dynamic business environment. The candidate must be adaptable to work across multiple technologies and disciplines, with a focus on delivering quality solutions for the business in a timely fashion.
We are looking for someone to help own problems and be able to demonstrate leadership and responsibility for the delivery of new features. As part of the development cycle, you would be expected to write quality unit tests, supply documentation if relevant for new feature build outs, and be involved in the test cycle, including proposing how an item can be automatically tested (and potentially deployed) within our pipeline.
- Core serverside Java including Data Structures and Concurrency
- Spring, JUnit Linux
- Relational Databases (Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable) with ability to write SQL queries
- Understanding of messagebased architectures
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Full SDLC experience and understanding
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
- Knowledge and desire to use agile software development practices
- JMS (especially IBM MQ)
- Mongo DB
- Knowledge of a range of common Open Source libraries used in Java development Database performance tuning
- Python/Perl/Shell scripting
- Financial domain knowledge (eg Equities)
Why join our teams?
ALTEN Canada offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We provide our team members with challenging experiences and invest in their professional development and growth.
Our benefits include:
- Customized compensation and benefits for each of our employees;
- Group insurance benefits;
- Professional development assistance (certification);
- Possibility of international mobility in one of the Group's subsidiaries;
- Numerous corporate activities;
- Development of new skills;
- Flexibility of work schedule and telecommuting;
- Relocation and support for spouses (for international candidates).
Apply for this job