With over 35,000 consultants located worldwide, ALTEN Canada is a leader in the engineering and IT consulting industry. We have helped optimize corporate technological performance for almost 30 years.
A robust international network combined with a deep understanding of local markets and client needs means that ALTEN Canada can provide you with an exceptional selection of qualified consultants. Our business development team offers you committed service backed by a group of experienced recruiters specialized in engineering and IT.
The women and men who make up the ALTEN Group are the driving force behind our activities. We provide each candidate with highly-personalized service, selecting the best opportunities to meet their professional aspirations. We highlight your know-how in order to place you in exciting projects that match your career ambitions.
For one of our client in the banking sector, Alten Canada is looking for:
Counselor, Human Resources
In a high growth environment, the HR Counselor in the Montreal office, provide dedicated generalist human resources support across several divisions of the Firm across Canada. He/she must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to develop initiatives in partnership with the business.
Actively work with business leaders, employees, and global and regional HR colleagues to support the day-to-day needs of the client groups in Employee Relations, Talent Management Reward/Compensation and Immigration.
- Work with the business, legal and compliance (as appropriate) to interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome
- Assist employees requesting accommodations or leave of absence and act as the liaison with managers and vendors.
- Talent Management
- Monitor the evaluation process to ensure timely and effective communication
- Participate in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes including training and communicating initiatives so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations
- Assist in talent review and ranking process and year-end performance evaluation, compensation and promotion process
- Reward and Compensation
- Partner with managers, data team and HR counterparts in other locations to manage the annual Year End compensation processes
- Own completion of audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, giving guidance as necessary
- International mobility
- Oversee any International Service activity within client group and provide guidance for the international mobility.
- Work with the business, International Services and legal for transferring resources to Canada.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- University degree and 3 years of Human Resources generalist experience
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking,
- Strong communication skills in English and French, verbal and written.
- Culture carrier of culture conduct and value
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Team oriented with strong influencing skills and demonstrated ability or aptitude for collaborative problem solving
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
Why join our team?
Alten Canada offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We offer our team stimulating experiences and investment in their professional development.
Among our advantages:
- Competitive package for our employees and freelancers;
- Professional Development Assistance (certification);
- International mobility on all subsidiaries of the Alten Group
- Various corporate activities;
Please note that all applications will be evaluated, and we will only contact the selected candidates for this job offer.Apply for this job